1.) 5 Stress Hacks to Chill Out & Power Up (2 hour lecture)
This interactive presentation is half educational lecture and half stress management exercises. First, we get to know stress by asking these questions:
- What is stress?
- How does it affect the body physiologically?
- Why does stress occur?
- Where do I feel it within my own body?
- What can I do to soothe and manage stress on a moment to moment basis?
Then, we introduce some effective and adaptable tools to apply when stress shows up:
- “Deskercises:” stretches and self massage that can be done anywhere – at your desk, in the car or airplane, waiting in line or lying in bed.
- Breathing exercises: simple deep breathing techniques to facilitate a greater state of physical, mental and emotional health
- Brain balancing: self regulations techniques that help the nervous system release activation
2.) Food Prep for the Work Week Class (45 mins. weekly / bi weekly / monthly with Chef Colin Barclay)
Learn how to make smart, nutrition based choices to put an end to that ever present question – what’s for dinner?
- Plan: Making a meal plan for the week can ensure that we stay on budget both in terms of our pocketbooks and our caloric and nutritive intake. This class will focus on how to design a plan that works for your schedule, dietary needs and productivity goals. It will also address how to plan and respond to energy dips and spikes based on what and when we eat.
- Learn: Colin will bring some awesome tricks of the trade that will make your time in the kitchen more creative and effective. Pick up skills and techniques for healthier, more delicious meals that will be great for lunch the next day! Learn what works and doesn’t work for you in terms of nutrition and caloric needs during the day. Make sure you’re getting what you need so you can feel and do your best.
- Apply: We can’t always plan for cravings or crunch time when preparing meals becomes last on the list, but we can make better choices in the moment based on a greater understanding of how food can be an ally for stressful times. Applying the information and techniques learned in this class, it will be easier to make good choices from the grocery store to the kitchen to the lunch counter.
3.) The Stress Less Class (45 mins. weekly / bi weekly / monthly)
This is a 30 minute or hour long “come as you are” class that is ideally offered on a weekly or monthly basis.
- The Stress Less Class is designed to be a break in the day that offers busy professionals the opportunity to learn and practice simple techniques to help them deal with daily stress, increase focus and concentration while promoting overall wellness.
- Techniques range from breathing and light stretching to self massage. Each class will be designed to accommodate the needs of the participants on that particular day.
- The goal is to give the team a common somatic vocabulary and toolbox to support the work environment by keeping everyone happy, healthy and less stressed.
- Research has shown that a regular movement and meditation practice has amazing benefits in all areas of life – increasing productivity, creativity, communication and mental health!
4.) Deskercise Class (45 mins.)
This class offers stretches, self massage and mindfulness techniques that can be done anywhere. Whether you are at your desk, in the car or airplane, waiting in line or lying in bed, these exercises are a friend to relaxation, ease and focus. The class includes:
- Breathing exercises: Simple deep breathing techniques to facilitate a greater state of physical, mental and emotional health.
- Brain balancing: Self-regulating techniques that help the nervous system release activation and relax.
- Guided meditation: Short mindfulness exercises to help re-find one’s internal sense of calm and balance in any situation.
- Stretching: Simple exercises that can be done anywhere by anyone to reduce tension and anxiety.
- Self-massage: Easy to access reflexology and trigger points to help ground, relax and find clarity and focus.
5.) On-Site Yoga / Exercise Classes (weekly / bi weekly / monthly)
We offer a range of yoga classes taught by certified, experienced teachers and designed to be accessible to all levels. All classes can be specifically formatted for time in order to fit within workplace schedules.
- Hatha Yoga: An alignment based class that will introduce and practice many of the foundational concepts of a basic yoga practice. Learn to link breath with movement to increase focus and awareness of the mind/body connection. Great for beginners as well as experienced practitioners.
- Power Yoga: An energetic and invigorating class that will build fire as we flow through more challenging postures at an upbeat pace. Alignment, breath and awareness are at the center of the practice with a more exercise-minded quality.
- Core Yoga: This class will work all elements of the body’s core by targeting the large muscle groups that help maintain a strong foundation. Using pilates style exercises, this class will help strengthen abs, hips, shoulders and back with the goal of preventing injury and improving posture.
- Yin Yoga: A more gentle and restorative form of yoga, this class will emphasize slowing down to release and repair. Postures will be held for longer to facilitate a deep stretch.